Groupthink works against fresh ideas.
In diverse groups, ‘been-there-done-that’ becomes a bonus instead of a showstopper. Breakthroughs happen by trading different perspectives on the same horizon. The more diverse the backgrounds the better, for example by age, by culture, or with different stakes in the future.
Diverse groups are a good way to:
- Resolve issues that are slowing progress
- Identify issues and ideas at the start of a project
- Validate plans shortly before implementation
- Build engagement and ease implementation
- Session design and preparation
- Facilitation of session(s)
- Written report of findings
- Review findings and identify key indicators