A trusted third party provides neutral thinking and a wider context. Precedents from similar situations may shed new light or practices in other countries may be instructive. After working from similar principles over many years, our response can be timely, pertinent, and practical.
Example situations are:
- Gut checks on complex journalistic, ethics and management issues
- Investigations of how journalistic errors occurred and how they can be prevented in the future
- Comprehensive reviews of structures or governance practices in ethics, for senior editors/management or boards of directors
- Management of actual or potential conflicts of interest
- Written notes or a full report, as circumstances warrant
- Interviews, briefings, or presentations as required