When changing outcomes means changing culture, the dots need to connect all the time.
Transformative change takes continual adapting: to new opportunities, new obstacles, new perceptions, and unintended consequences. Clear communication is essential. Critical thinkers can become quick critics when they don’t know what’s going on.
It takes more than incentives, a coalition, and quick wins. Those can help, but alone they leave too much potential for backslides, reversions, and workarounds. Extra steps are needed to achieve change that sustains over time. Early identification of warning signals is especially important.
- Project design
- Facilitation of sessions at key stages
- Training programs tailored by circumstances
- Either direct project leadership or guidance to in-house leaders
- Progress reporting at regular intervals
- Additional components determined by situation