When changing outcomes means changing culture, the dots need to connect all the time
Transformative change takes continual adapting: to new opportunities, new obstacles, new perceptions, and unintended consequences. Clear communication is essential. Critical thinkers can be quick critics when they don’t know enough about what’s going on around them.
We’ve managed transformative change and seen it through to successful conclusion. We’ve been there when things went wrong and, from it, we’ve learned how to identify the warning signs and keep the process on track.
Our experience is that it takes more than incentives, a coalition, and quick wins. Those can help, but alone they leave too much potential for backslides, reversions, and workarounds. Extra steps are needed to achieve change that sustains over time.
- Project design
- Facilitation of sessions at key stages
- Training programs tailored by circumstances
- Either direct project leadership or guidance to in-house leaders
- Progress reporting at regular intervals
- Additional components determined by situation