Better practices today become the best practices of tomorrow.
We work directly with teams to help them identify better ways of doing things. We gather their ideas and organize the results.. The focus is 100% practical: things to keep, things to lose, what to try, what can be improved.
A three or four person team can identify new sources of time and capacity. A larger group may set new priorities or refine its workflow. A whole newsroom might re-think approaches to newsgathering. For example, how multi-platform assignments are made, or how source materials are shared.
We know how content teams work: the rhythm, the language, the values, and the culture. We’ve seen lots of new things tried before, many that made a positive difference and some that didn’t. We provide context for both.
We focus on what’s practical and measurable. We nudge for new and encourage learning by experimentation.
Think of the times people say, ”someday, when we have a moment…”? These sessions create that moment.
- Design and prepare session(s)
- Facilitate the group
- Prepare and provide a written report of outcomes. The report can be used afterwards by the group as an ongoing reference and checklist for implementation.
- Review report with commissioning manager(s)
- Group sessions typically are 1/2 day or 1 day each
- Some objectives may involve multiple sessions or multiple groups
- Variability is by scope and in the availability of participants